Training packages are developed in partnership with industry experts, construction companies, regulators, compliance officers and curriculum designers to ensure compliance, currency and quality.
Led by the needs of our member-based organisations, Skills Oz ensures all training resources meet current industry standards and expectations. Our resources are designed by working together with industry to develop practical education packages that support learners in the contemporary workplace and deliver the skills required by employers, contractors and unions. Professionalism and safety in the workplace are paramount, as is the adaptation of new and emerging technologies and modern construction methods.
Skills Oz is committed to the continued improvement of the construction and property services industries workforce and we continually evaluate and improve our products, incorporating the latest technology and delivery modes to enhance both the trainer and learner experience. Industry consultation and collaboration ensures:
- consistency in training and assessment and transportability of skills and qualifications
- compliance with federal and state legislative requirements and the National Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- quality training, assessment and support materials
- compliance with Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) frameworks
Skills Oz offers tailored industry-led resources at no cost to TAFE, RTOs, colleges, high schools and trainers delivering courses and qualifications in the construction and property services sectors. Resources for qualifications, skill sets and units of competency are divided into two categories:
- Trainer Suites
- Learner Suites
Trainer suites are provided free of charge and are available in digital (electronic booklets) and PDF formats.
Learner suites are available for a nominal cost ($12.50 per student per unit of competency) and are designed to fit hand in glove with the trainer suites.
- Using corporate colours/design/logo
- Insertion of additional paragraphs/chapters/case studies and content to reflect trainers:
- Delivery mode/teaching style
- Knowledge and industry experience
- Expertise and specialisations
- Presentations/learner manuals to reflect:
- Version control/bespoke headers and footers/trainer names
- Blueprints/drawings and photographic images to reflect your business/cohort of learners
- Bespoke assessment to suit your delivery requirements:
- Multiple choice
- Short answer/essay
- Work booklets/portfolio or log book
- On the job questioning/observation
- On the job observation/oral assessment
Updates, changes and modifications can occur at any time and as part of our customer service and continuous improvement strategy we will make the changes and update your resources free of charge.
Learner manuals designed to fit hand in glove with the trainer manuals and can be tailored to suit your operational and delivery needs and requirements free of charge. This can include;
- A welcome letter from your Head of Faculty or Institute Director
- Enrolment forms and LLN assessment
- Induction / orientation / on boarding checklist